Friday, August 28, 2009

Pandora does it again....

Today Bob brought Isis' ashes home and we had another good cry. Just when I think I can't cry anymore...

But Pandora certainly got me running :) I let the Girls out after dinner and seconds after they ran out the door (in the fenced back yard) I spotted Pandora trotting proudly around the yard with the adult bunny she just caught!

Have you ever tried to pry the jaws of a proud whippet off of its prey, with 2 other whippets crowding in on you? It's not easy! I had to take Pandora outside of the gate so when I got her to release the bunny I didn't have Cleo or Athena right there to snatch it away. Didn't have to worry about Sequoya, this bunny was bigger than her!

I have to say, although I did have to pry Pandora's jaws open, she was VERY good and didn't snap at or bite me. I got her and the Girls inside and took the bunny across the street to the woods and weed for the coyotes to find tonight.

I'm certain there's some people out there who wish we never had Pandora spayed... this is her 15th creature captured! And that's in a fenced yard...

1 comment:

Tiffany and the Munchkins said...

Again I wanted to say how sorry I am about Isis. She was such a beautiful girl and I can only imagine how much you all miss her. But she is happy and healthy across the Rainbow Bridge.

This story about Pandora has me laughing out loud. I think if my munchkins ever saw a rabbit they would probably run the other way because I am sure any rabbit they come across will be bigger than they are! Probably the same thing Sequoya would do! Pandora is such a stealthy little hunter!