Monday, June 23, 2008

A word about Greenies - a dangerous treat!

A couple of years ago I had a teddy bear artist friend who lost her dog to Greenies. He did not choke on it, he chewed it all the way. But it did not go all the way thru his digestive tract, needed many surgeries, and eventually died from infections from the surgeries.

I was reminded of this as I was flipping thru my recent pet catalog - and noticed that they have greenies for sale.

Here is a link to a post on Whole Dog News about other people who have had similar problems with Greenies:

I thought it would be a good idea to post it. We tossed our Greenies in the trash when I first heard of the problem my friend had :( Yes, I could have sold them on eBay and made some money. The package was unopened. But I didn't want to be responsible for the death of someone else's pet either....